Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Michael Clarke Duncan

The lose of Michael Clarke Duncan at age 54 saddens me.  I saw him on screen  in Stephen King's The Green Mile, the role won him an Academy Award nomination. One has but to watch a little of this great movie to see he drew his character's emotional depth from his heart not from acting classes. He appeared on the now canceled, Hart Hanson's TV series The Finder. He played Leo Knox, legal advisor to Major Walter Sherman, played by Geoff Stults. Walter suffered a brain injury from a roadside bomb and is obsessed with finding things. Duncan's as Leo was forever trying to keep Walter out of trouble by reminding his of the law's he was violating, in that deep baritone voice that was uniquely his.

Michael Bay, director of the film "Armageddon" paid this tribute to Duncan on his website, describing the actor he hired to play Bear. Bay said Duncan wasn't a natural born actor at first: "I remember looking to Ben Affleck and thinking we might need to fire him. But I told him 'Mike, I hired you for you, I want the sweet, Mr Clarke Duncan I met in that room'. I said, 'the audience is going to fall in love with you'. He looked and smiled with [his] deep voice and said 'Ok'. From then on out he became the most improved actor on the set. That was the award he got at the end of the film. Everyone loved him, his infectious spirit and great belly laugh." (Reprinted from Yahoo News)

You will be missed, Thank You Michael for being genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment