Monday, October 15, 2012

The Hobbit

I went on line today to check on the progress of the movie The Hobbit. Since I've had my head buried in the Tyranny Series and The MacKenna Saga I haven't been keeping up with the progress of the film. To my surprise I discovered the the book,  a favorite of mine, (I've read it at least a dozen times)is actually 3 three movies. I thought I would be going to the theater to see one movie. Leave it to Jackson to stretch it into three. I say that not as a criticism, but in the way of a compliment. Breaking the book into three movies give Peter the ability to tell the story in greater detail. I look forward to seeing Peter's work and the attention to detail only he brings to the screen. I'm sure his love for Tolkin's work will show through as it did in the Lord of the Rings series. From the online pictures of the characters the movie should be another amazing addition to Peters growing body of work.

The film is the first of The Hobbit Trilogy made by Oscar-winning director Sir Peter Jackson is based on J.R.R. Tolkien's famous novel. The wizard Gandalf tricks Bilbo Baggins into helping the dwarfs reclaim the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the powerful dragon Smaug. Along the way the timid hobbit finds there is more to him than he imagined. By the end of the novel the dwarfs come to look at Bilbo as a leader and not just a hire burglar.

The Hobbitt and The Lord of the Rings are required by anyone wishing to understand the true are of writing. J.R.R.Tolkin was a master.

The First Film:      The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is due out on December 14, 2012
The Second Film: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, should be released on December 13 2013.
The Third Film:    The Hobbit: There and Back Again is slated for release July 18, 2014.

Peter, I cannot say thank you enough for all your hard work, though I know to you it a lot of fun. I also like to ad that your choice for the portrayal of Legolas and Aragorn were spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment